Truffle, Prosciutto, and Apple Flatbread
An easy and delicious fall appetizer featuring a simple truffle almond pesto, prosciutto, nutty gruyere cheese, and juicy apples.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 mins
- 1 c truffle almonds
- 1/4 c olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 package pizza crust, flatbread, or focaccia
- 4 oz Havarti cheese shredded
- 3 oz prosciutto sliced thin
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 apple cored and cut into thin slices
Preheat the oven to 450º.
To make the nut pesto, combine the truffle almonds, olive oil, honey, and thyme in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the almonds are finely chopped. Taste for salt and add a little if necessary.
Place the flatbread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread the almond pesto evenly across the surface of the flatbread. Top with grated Havarti cheese, then the prosciutto, then the Gruyere cheese.
Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and started to bubble and the edges of the flatbread are golden and lightly toasted.
Sprinkle the flatbread with parsley then cut into two-bite sized squares or wedges and top each serving with an apple slice.