It’s crunch time, guys. Nine days to go. So what do you do when you still have a few gifts to get, or you need an extra idea to give to a grandparent or relative who has asked for one, or you are just stumped on that one particular person? Welcome to the last minute gift guide. I’ve rounded up my absolute favorites from this holiday season for women, men, and kids – everything is still in stock and everything will arrive by Christmas. But get those fingers ordering, there’s no time to waste at this point!
- Floral midi dress. THIS DRESS. Love at first sight for me. I’m wearing it tonight to my neighborhood holiday party and plan to wear it many, many times beyond that. If you have a party coming up and need a dress, I absolutely LOVE this one.
- Red heels. So you have the great dress, now what do you wear on your feet? These. You wear these. There are plenty of red heels around but these are flirty and dressy with only a 2 1/2″ heel. Which means you won’t want to cry at the end of the night after wearing them.
- Wrap bracelet. I’ve been eyeing these Chan Luu wrap bracelets for awhile now. Christmas seems the perfect time to finally pull the trigger and treat myself to a little splurge I wouldn’t normally buy. And this goes with everything.
- Hair tie bracelet. Seriously, where has this been all my life?! You wrap a hair tie around the bracelet and no more red welts on your wrist! Plus it’s a pretty, classic bracelet all by itself.
- Ball drop earrings. These earrings make any outfit look instantly chic. I actually have them in three different colors now and they are my absolute favorite statement earrings!
- Sweatshirt. No reason to look frumpy after a workout. This sweatshirt is the perfect mix of functional, comfy, and cute.
- Leggings. These are my favorite full-length workout leggings. In pretty much any color.
- Quilted jacket. This jacket is a classic wardrobe staple for every man. It comes in navy blue and olive green, both of which are excellent strong but neutral colors. Perfect for fall and spring and even winter if you live in a warmer climate.
- Convertible weekender bag. This was a splurge for my husband but this bag is genius. You just have to go watch the video that demonstrates how it works. But basically it’s a garment bag and duffel in one, big enough to fit a few days’ clothes, shoes, and toiletries, and small enough to be an airplane carry-on. So for a man who travels a lot for work, this bag is the smartest solution I’ve ever seen.
- Winter boots. These boots have that classic duck boot look but are also hugely functional – waterproof and warm up to -40º. Perfect for shoveling snow, winter weekend outings, and really any casual cold-weather activity.
- Patterned socks. Can he ever have too many?
- Powerwing scooter. We just gave this to my daughter for her birthday and it is so fun. You swing your hips to make it move and do big fun turns. So far it’s been a blast for our whole family!
- Fort kit. Hallelujah! My pillows and furniture will once again be safe! My daughters are forever trying to construct forts out of household things that never really work out how they want. This fort kit + a sheet and your kids can build forts that actually stay up. And they can build them over and over and over.
- Sleeping bag. Because every kid should have a sleeping bag.
- Smartwatch. My eight year old asked for a smartwatch for Christmas and I said, “No way. Sorry. They’re just way too expensive and you’re a little too young anyway.” Turns out, she’s not! V Tech makes a kids’ smartwatch that is perfect for little kids who are old enough to want a little something techy but still need something kid-friendly.
And that’s your guide to last-minute shopping! I hope you find something good here either for yourself or for someone you still need to buy a gift for. I finished the last of my Christmas shopping just this week. Now if someone could just point me in the direction of the Last Minute Guide to Gift Wrapping I will be all set…