She ordered several fabric samples and ultimately decided on a brown and aqua diamond fabric that included colors from both the family and dining rooms and was thick, durable, and easy to clean.
I went about the building of this bench a little differently than I did my kitchen bench. I made the frame for mine completely out of plywood sheets but I wanted to make a more traditional furniture frame this time around. My kitchen bench is HEAVY and this one came out much lighter, which was what I was hoping for!
I spent some time this weekend working with SketchUp and have lots of (hopefully) helpful diagrams to explain the building process.
I also spent much of the weekend lying on the couch with a nasty cold and went to bed early last night, so unfortunately I'm going to leave you hanging for today...but check back tomorrow and I will have the full tutorial to share!
***click here for the tutorial!***