Actually, for the month of December, it really, really felt that way, while we were in the midst of moving, and both my girls’ birthdays, and getting ready for Christmas.
But what really got me realizing that I’d been totally checked out? Not a lack of grasp on current events, not a glimpse at my dark under-eye circles, but a reference by someone on Instagram to “Cartwheel.”
Huh? What is Cartwheel??
Well, in case you too, my friends, have been rock-dwelling lately, Cartwheel is the new digital coupon app from our friends at Target, and currently includes more than seven hundred coupons. You can use it for in-store purchases (not online) and it can be used on your desktop, tablet, mobile web or iPhone and Droid apps.
I tried it out for the first time last week and it almost couldn’t be easier to use, and saved me money on things I needed to buy anyway. You know, exciting things, like paper towels and trash bags.
What if an item is already discounted in store, or you have a manufacturer coupon, or are using your REDCard discount? You get the Cartwheel offer on top of the other discounts. Now THAT is a rarity.
Here’s all you do:
Download the app then add offers to “your Cartwheel” – like a little coupon wallet on your mobile device.
Hand the cashier your phone with the Cartwheel page open at checkout, he/she will scan the barcode, and all the savings apply themselves to your bill!
Once I downloaded the app, I was given the option to sign in with either Facebook or my Target.com login info. If you choose Facebook, you can see what your friends have on their Cartwheel lists and they can see yours. Of course, you can also opt out of this and choose to keep your Cartwheel habits all to yourself :) You can also choose to just add certain items as “private.” Like, say, if you were buying a pregnancy test but didn’t exactly want to announce that to all your friends on Facebook.
To start with, you get 10 “spots” in your Cartwheel that you can fill with discounts. If you want to earn more spots you can do so with the “Badges” system. You earn badges for reaching savings milestones ($10, $25, $50, etc.), interacting with Cartwheel (example: adding an offer from a collection* to your list), and via social sharing (an invited friend who joins Cartwheel). For each badge that is earned, a new spot on your Cartwheel list is opened.
* Cartwheel collections—Cartwheel collections are curated lists of offers that make it easy for the guest on the go to add items to her list. The collections are created to support seasonal offerings and categorical offers (grocery, women’s apparel, baby items, etc.). Collections are not comprehensive lists of all offers.
Now, about that $1,000…to enter the running for a $1,000 Target GiftCard® all you have to do is leave a comment on this post telling me YOUR favorite thing to buy at Target. Toilet paper? Nate Berkus wares? Maybe there is an amazing offer in Cartwheel right now that has your brain humming? All of the above?!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/30 – 2/28.
Be sure to visit the Target Cartwheel brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!