I’ve always thought electrical work seems a bit scary. And to a small extent, it’s good to be a little scared. Speaking from experience, minor electrocutions do not feel good. At all. But I’ve recently learned that swapping out an existing hardwired light is super, super easy, and it’s one of the easiest ways to update the look of a space in your house. There are just a few basic steps:
- Turn off power at your circuit breaker box. If you can find the circuit for the fixture you’re working on, just shut that off. If not, shut power to the house.
- Remove the existing fixture.
- Match up the color coded wires and twist them together.
- Screw the new fixture in place.
- Turn power back on at the circuit breaker box.
Seriously, that’s it. I’ll break it down for you in a little more detail by showing you how I recently swapped out my rather ho-hum exterior garage lights with these outdoor lanterns from Kenroy Home.
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH!